Friday, August 6, 2010

Mom's Coffee Cake

This coffee cake doesn't really have a name but my Mom made it for us when we were kids so I have made it for my family and it has always been a favorite. We have tried other recipes similar to this one and they say this is the best. It is great to eat the leftovers for a snack the rest of the day.

2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup milk
4 T. oil
2 cups flour
1 tsp. salt (I leave this out because I am on a low sodium diet and it tastes fine)
4 tsp. baking powder

Combine eggs, sugar, milk and oil. Add flour with salt and baking powder. Mix well and pour into 9x13 pan that has been sprayed with Pam.
Sprinkle with the mixture of

1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 T. flour
2 T. melted butter
1 cup chopped nuts (I usually leave these out because I have a few people who don't like nuts!)

Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes or until brown around the edges. Enjoy!

No comments: