Monday, August 16, 2010

Buffalo Syle Chicken Cordon "Blue"

Since moving home I have started watching Rachel Ray with my mom. Im not always intrigued with her recipes but this one grabbed attention. My mom and I thought it was delicious! I actually made quiet a few changes so Iwill post the recipe how I made it.


  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 4 slices ham
  • 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/4 cup cornstarch
  • 2 large whites, beaten
  • 1 1/2 cups panko crumbs
  • 3 tablespoons butter, melted
  • About 2 1/2 tablespoons hot sauce
  • Olive oil
Split the breasts open and cut them across horizontally. Pound the meat out a little, then stuff the breasts with the ham and cheese. Fold the chicken over and press the edges together to secure the stuffed breasts. Coat first in the flour mixed with cornstarch, then the eggs, then the panko crumbs tossed with the melted butter and mixed with hot sauce.
Heat a shallow layer of oil in a large skillet over medium to medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, cook the chicken on each side until golden and cooked through.

No comments: