Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My Version of Stuffed Peppers


So I love stuffed peppers and the other day I decided to just throw a few things together and see how it turned it out, and I really liked it. So here is goes.

Ingredients-
1 chicken breast
chili powder
lime juice
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/2 tsp finely cut garlic
1/2 cup corn
1/4 cup black beans
1 cup of your favorite salsa
2-3 peppers halved and seeded ( I like yellow or red but green would work great)
shredded cheees

So first I poked the chicken breast with a fork all over and poored over 3-4 tbs of lime juice and then coated with chili powder and then let marinate for about 45 minutes. Then I cooked it in an frying pan and and shredded it. Then with the same pan throw in the onion and garlic and cook for a few minutes then add the corn, black beans, salsa, and chicken and cook just until heated. Then fill the peppers with the meet mixture and top with cheese and cook at 350 for 30 minutes.

No comments: