Friday, September 17, 2010

Lasagna


I have always really liked this Lasagna recipe, it has cream cheese and sour cream in it. Yum! When I make it I always make it in two smaller pans and freeze one.

2 lb ground beef (I always substitute beef with ground turkey)
1 onion,chopped
2 cans (15 oz) tomato sauce
Salt and pepper
2 cloves of garlic
6 oz cream cheese, softened
1 pt sour cream
6 green onions, chopped
2 tbsp oil
1 pkg lasagna noodles
16 oz mozzarella cheese

Brown ground beef and chopped onion. Add spices (1 tsp of cumin, chili powder and paprika) and tomato sauce and garlic. Simmer 30 minutes. Mix cream cheese, sour cream, green onions, and oil in bowl and cook noodles; grate mozzarella cheese. Next, layer noodles, cheese mixture, meat sauce, and mozzarella cheese in a glass dish. Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.

4 comments:

Julie said...

thanks for posting this one, I have always meant to ask for it. Can't wait to make it sometime soon!

Sally said...

We had this tonight with the missionaries - very good!

Jana said...

I finally rememebered to make it---delicious! best lasagna I have ever had! Thanks!

Jana said...

I finally rememebered to make it---delicious! best lasagna I have ever had! Thanks!