Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Cheese Potato Soup

So I was suppose to post this yesterday but I completely forgot. I had a few friendly reminders which I didn't get until today and a few others that I received when I was always in the middle of something that I couldn't stop doing. So sorry this is late and sadly I don't have a picture. I know that's horrible but then next time we eat it I will update this post with a picture.
This is my mother-in-laws recipe for cheese soup which my husband just loves. This was my first time making it and I think the only thing I'd do different is to replace the water with chicken broth.

3-4 large potatoes peeled and dice
1/2 cube margarine
2-3 Tbsp flour
1 can cheese soup
1 cup milk
salt and pepper to taste
onion salt or powder to taste (or 1/4 cup sauteed onions)

Cook diced potatoes in water till tender. melt margarine in another pan, add flour to make a paste. Slowly stir in milk and add mixture to potatoes and water. Add cheese soup. Stir til smooth. Add more water until you have the desired thickness. Add seasonings and diced ham if you desired. (We definitely do the diced ham it an additional flavor which I think the soup needs.

Enjoy and sorry there is no picture!

No comments: