Monday, September 13, 2010

Apple Oven Pancake



I got this recipe from my dear friend Holly Chesler from Portland. This is one of my kid's favorite breakfasts. Sorry about posting this so late. I had a crazy day and had computer issues on top of it.

2 T. butter, melted
2 T. brown sugar
1/4 t. cinnamon
1 apple, peeled and thinly sliced
2 lg. eggs, beaten with a whisk
1/2 c. flour
1/4 t. salt
1/2 c. milk (I used almond milk)
powdered sugar

Melt butter in a 9 inch pie plate. Mix and sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon over butter. Arrange apples over sugar. Beat eggs in a bowl with a whisk and add flour, salt and milk, taking care not to over beat. Pour mixture over apples. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes. Immediately loosen edges of pancake and turn upside down onto serving plate. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. (Serves 1-2 people).

1 comment:

Sally said...

Amazingly Good! I made three of them to feed all of us. We'll be eating these again! Next time I will try doubling or tripling it and doing it in a larger pan.