Thursday, September 16, 2010

Mom's Chili

So this is a fabulous recipe for Chili that my mom always made growing up. It's a little sweet and not hot. I guess if you like hot this may not be your favorite then.

1 lb hamburger
1 cup chopped onion (I cheat and use a handful of dehydrated quite often)
1 8 oz can of tomato sauce
1 qt stewed tomatoes (If you don't like big chunks blend it or get the petite chopped)
3 cans pinto beans, drained
1 tsp chili powder (I usually add a little extra of this and the cumin)
2 tsp cumin
1 TBS brown sugar
Salt
Pepper

Brown hamburger and onion. Add tomato sauce, tomatoes and beans. Add spices (adjust amounts by taste). Bring to a boil, turn down and let simmer on low for as long as you have. A new addition that many of us add is a cup of corn. I would add it right before you serve.

No comments: