Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Scotcharoos

Turning on my oven when the temperature reaches triple digits is not something I look forward to. It’s days like these I am thankful I have a BBQ and yummy no bake desserts. For the Allen family these are an old family favorite and rightfully so! Anything with peanut butter and chocolate is a winner in my book.

scotcharoos

Scotcharoos
1 c. Sugar
1 c. Light Corn Syrup
1 c. Peanut Butter
6 c. Rice Krispies
1 c. Chocolate Chips
1 c. Butterscotch Chips

Combine sugar and syrup in a small pan and heat until the mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat and add peanut butter. Pour over Rice Krispies and stir to coat. Press mixture into a 9x13 inch pan. Melt the chips together and spread over the top of your Rice Krispie mixture. Let cool and cut into bars. Yum!

No comments: