Monday, November 8, 2010

Oatmeal Cranberry White cocolate Cookies

I have trying to avoid baked goods but finally couldn't resist my craving. I found this in a magazine and it was an add for craisins and thought that it looked good. At first I was disappointed because I thought that they weren't what I had wanted but then decided that they were okay because maybe they can be considered a healthy cookie. They have about half the normal sugar in a cookie and really almost taste like a muffin. I ended up really liking so try them yourself. Enjoy!

2/3 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt (I never add this)
1 6 oz. pkg. craisins
2/3 cup white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs. Then add the dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in the craisins and white chocolate chips.
Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets (I use a cookie scoop and parchment paper on my cookie sheets). Bake for 10-12 minutes or until done. Remove and cool on wire rack. Makes about 2 1/2 dozen.

No comments: