Sunday, March 7, 2010

Chicken Tikka Masala

My good friend got me into Indian food and now I love it. I decided to try a recipe for one of my favorite dishes. Its from Pioneer Woman but I did a little bit different. We loved it. The picture is not mine, the camera was out of power when I made it. Sorry.

Ingredients
3 chicken breasts
2 tbs butter
1 Large onion
3 cloves of garlic
1 piece of ginger (2 inch)
Garam Masala
1 can (28 oz) diced tomatos
sugar
1 1/2 cup heavy cream
2 cups basmati rice

Cook and cut up chicken.
Next dice onion. In a large skillet melt 2 tbs butter over medium-high heat. Toss in the onions and saute until they are slightly browned. As the onions cook, mince your garlic. Next, cut off the outer skin of the ginger and grate a 1 by 2 inch chunk. Add the garlic and ginger to the onions. Also through in some salt.
Next you are going to add about 3 tbs Garam Masala spice. I like it a bit spicy so I put in a bit of crushed red pepper flakes. Now you are going to add your can of tomatoes. Continue cooking and stirring, scraping the bottom of the pan to deglaze it. Add about 1 tbs sugar. Let this mixture simmer on medium for about 5 minutes.
To a rice cooker add 2 cups Basmati rice and 4 cups water. Cover and cook.
After the Tikka Masala sauce has had a chance to simmer for a bit put it all in a blender and blend it up. Then add in the 1 1/2 cups of cream. Now, chop up your chicken into chunks and stir them into the Tikka Masala sauce. Serve with rice.

No comments: