Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Softest Chocolate Chip Cookies


2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 pkg. instant vanilla pudding mix
1 egg
1/2 pkg. chocolate chips (1 cup)
1/2 cup nuts (optional)

Combine butter, sugars and pudding mix, beating until fluffy. Add vanilla and egg and beat until smooth. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes. Even though you use butter these cookies hold their shape and are puffy and soft. They also taste great. I think it would be fun to try different flavored puddings! Enjoy! I found this recipe at http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen-blog/

1 comment:

Sally said...

I finally made these. They were so good at mom's this summer. I decided to try a different flavor - I used chocolate pudding and p-nut butter chips. Very good. I did add 1 Tblsp of cocoa. I tasted the dough before I baked the cookies and it needed a little something. It worked!