Monday, December 10, 2012

Cereal Candy


I have begun baking and making candy for the season.  Here is one of my favorites.  It comes from my childhood.  My mother always fed us very healthy food and never too much of it.  We had treats but not very often.  I can't believe that she made this for Christmas.  It is very addicting and totally bad for you.  I have continued the tradition.  My children love it and the people I give it too ask for the recipe.  So here it is.  Enjoy the season.

2 cups Trix
2 cups Honeycomb
2 cups Rice Chex
2 cups small colored marshmallows, not white
2 cups slivered almonds (the healthy part)
2 lbs. white almond bark or white chocolate chips

Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl.  Melt the almond bark in the microwave very carefully and pour over your dry ingredients.  Combine and then spoon out onto parchment paper.  Be fast because it does set up fast.


No comments: