Friday, May 4, 2012


Babyback Ribs

I love babyback ribs and have made them in the past but was hunting for a new recipe.  I found this one at ourbestbites.com.  I loved it and my family loved it.  They told me they were the best ribs they had ever had.  I did make a few changes as I have made them a few times.  I will just post how I have ended up making them.

1 rack babyback ribs (about 2-2.5 pounds; 1 rack feeds two adults)
2 c. pineapple juice
1 cup water
1 ½ c. brown sugar
1 ½ tsp. mustard powder
1/3 c. ketchup
1/3 c. red wine vinegar
1 ½ Tbsp.
lemon juice
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
½ tsp. ground cloves
1 tsp. ground ginger
4 cloves
garlic, minced
½ tsp. cayenne pepper

Cut your rack into about 4 portions.  I used three racks and still was able to fit them all into the liquid in my large crockpot.  Anyway, cut into portion size and put into your crockpot.  Pour this mixture over them and cook on low for about 6-7 hours.  If you have three racks in there it is going to take longer.  I turned it up on high for a couple of hours so I didn't have to do it any longer.  When the time is up take out of mixture and put onto a broiler pan.  Smear with your favorite bar b que sauce, both sides.  Broil until bubbly and caramelized, both sides.  My favorite bar b que sauce is Bulls Eye.  I mixed 1/2 cup of sauce with 1/4 cup of honey.  When I did three racks, I used 1 cup of bar b que sauce with 1/2 cup of honey.  You could also grill them on the bar b que.  They are fall off the bone tender and delicious.  Enjoy!

No comments: