Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Cheese Muffins

A few weeks ago I wanted to try something new. I wanted something with cheese and garlic, a perfect compliment for a deliciously grilled steak. Anyway after debated over yeast breads and garlic biscuits I found this recipe on the Pioneer Woman that intrigued me. Cheese muffins?
They were simple, tender like a muffin, with a crisp cheesy crust. Straight out of the oven they were unbelievably delicious! I honestly could not get enough. Forget the steak, please pass the muffins!

DSC_1753

Fig’s Cheese Muffins

1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups shredded colby-jack cheese  (I used med. cheddar)
1 cup milk
1 egg
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) melted butter (I used salted)

Whisk together dry ingredients, then stir in cheese.

In a separate bowl, whisk egg, milk, and butter together. Pour milk mixture into dry ingredients and stir with a spoon to combine.

Bake in greased muffin tins at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

Makes 12

1 comment:

NaDell said...

I tried these tonight and they were amazing! Thanks for sharing the recipe. My kids loved them and I just now reheated a leftover muffin to eat as a snack. Yum!