Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Swiss Chicken Sandwich

I love the taste of grilled chicken marinated in Italian dressing and I love melted Swiss cheese so one day I decided to try them together and boy am I happy I did!  For me this is a simple, spur of the moment dinner idea that tastes great.

DSC_0970 

Swiss Chicken Sandwich


As many chicken breasts as desired
Italian dressing
Sliced Swiss cheese
Toppings as desired, we like:
                  tomatoes
                  lettuce
                  avocado
                  occasionally pickles

Cover your chicken in Italian dressing and let marinate for at least a half of an hour. (I  usually shoot for at least six hours, if I can remember)
Remove chicken from dressing and grill. After flipping chicken over, place a slice of Swiss cheese on each piece.

Place on sandwich buns and top as desired. (last time I made my own buns using the French bread roll recipe with half wheat flour, they were incredible!)

1 comment:

Sally said...

We had these tonight and I loved them! Not a huge fan of swiss, but it was perfect on this sandwich!