Monday, June 22, 2009

PW’s Marinated Flank Steak

My mom introduced me this incredible recipe. It comes from The Pioneer Woman.
YUMMY!

Typically when I buy my steak the package includes two to three steaks. So I prepare the marinade as follows and then freeze the extra steaks with the marinade in a ziploc bag. When I want to eat it I pull out the bag and toss it in the fridge to defrost and marinate.

DSC_0631

Flank Steak

1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup cooking sherry
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons sesame oil
2 heaping tablespoons minced ginger
3 to 5 cloves minced garlic
1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes

1 flank steak

Combine all ingredients in a glass or ceramic dish. Remove flank steak from package and give it a quick rinse. Coat both sides of meat with marinade. Refrigerate for at least 3 to 4 hours. (we typically do it overnight.)

Grill steaks to desired doneness and slice thinly against the grain. Enjoy!

No comments: