Friday, April 20, 2012


Sugar Glazed Walnuts

I am always making a lettuce salad with craisins, sugared walnuts, feta cheese with poppyseed dressing.  It is so quick and easy and yummy.  I have been searching the easiest way to toast my walnuts and sugar them.  I finally found this recipe and I love it because it is so easy and you can't burn your nuts.  I found it at allrecipes.com but I have adjusted it some so I will just put it the way I make it.

3 cups walnut halves (mine are straight from the freezer where I store my nuts)
3\4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup water

In a 2 quart glass bowl combine walnut halves, sugar and water.  Cook in microwave oven on high for about 6 minutes.  Stir several times during the cooking.  Cook until the sugar has caramelized.  Pour out onto a piece of parchment paper and let cool.  Chop them up and you are ready to go.  This will make more than one salad.

No comments: