Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Southwest Chicken

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.6

I got this recipe from E-Mealz.  It's very easy and I thought it was very versatile. 

1 Tblsp oil
3-4 chicken breasts (or chicken tenders)
1 cup salsa
1 can black beans
1 can of corn (I used frozen corn, just over 1 cup)
cilantro

Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the chicken for a couple of minutes on each side.  Season with salt and pepper to taste.  Mix the salsa, corn, and beans in a crock pot. Add your chicken to the top and cook on low for 6-8 hours.  Garnish with cilantro.  I added some cilantro at the beginning and then a little more as a garnish.  I thought the chicken would be a bit more moist if it was mixed into the sauce instead of on top of it.  We just ate it as with some cheese sprinkled on top.  But,  I thought it could be very versatile -  it would be good over rice or on tortillas with all the fixin's  or anyway.  It was very good.  I fixed a quick south western salad (greens, cilantro, beans, corn and southwest dressing) and it was a very good and easy meal to fix.  I ate the leftovers for lunch the next day on corn tortillas with some sour cream - very good.   Enjoy!

No comments: