After a good friend of mine brought some incredible blueberry muffins to a meeting, I went in search of a recipe to make them at home and luckily I stumbled upon this recipe at allrecipes.com. They are without a doubt the most incredible muffins I have ever tasted.
To Die for Mixed Berry Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries (I use a good two cups of the frozen berry mix from Costco or Sam’s)
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.
My only recommendation is that the more berry’s the better! The only problem I have found with using more berries is that if you do not use muffin liners they can be very difficult to get out of the pan.