Saturday, February 20, 2010

Cheddar and Broccoli Soup




I LOVE this soup. It's one of the easiest soup recipes I have and everyone will eat it.

6 cups water
1 pkg Lipton Onion Soup
1 1/2 pounds of fresh broccoli (I'm sure frozen will work)
2 1/4 cups 2% milk (I use skim and it turns out just fine)
3/4 cups flour
12 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 tsp white pepper
onion salt

Boil water and then add soup mix and stir. Add chopped broccoli. Simmer for 15 minutes. Mix flour and milk together and then add slowly. Stir until thick. Add cheese, stir until melted and mixed in. Season with white pepper and onion salt.

I serve this with the amazing bread stick recipe on Our Best Bites and it makes a yummy meal!

1 comment:

Betsy said...

Made this last night and we all really liked. Ella even ate it and she usually gags on broccoli.