Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Rainbow Jell-o

I LOVE  jell-O! When I was a kid my mom would make rainbow jello three times a year: Thanksgiving, Christmas, and my birthday. As a mother with three jello crazed kids, I make it nearly once a month. (typically I only make two or three colors) YUM!

Photobucket

Rainbow Jello
For each layer you:
1. Dissolve a box of jello in 1C. boiling water
2. Once the jello has dissolved, take out 1/2c. of the liquid and set aside.
3. With the remaining jello, add 1/4C. cold water
4. Pour into pan. (when I make 2-3 layers I use an 8x8, if doing all the rainbow I use a 9x13)
5. While the clear layer sets take the 1/2C. leftover and add 1/3C. plain yogurt or sour cream.
6. Once the clear layer has set, pour the creamy layer on top.
7. Repeat for each color

picture courtesy of: http://adventuresofafoodslut.blogspot.com/  we keep eating it before I have time to take a picture!

No comments: