Friday, May 22, 2009

Penne Pasta w/ Green Beans & Feta

I made this for the first time when I was pregnant with Lilah and have been addicted ever since. My kids actually love it as well. It's a great summer side dish. I was hoping to make it while at home this July.

1/2 lb penne pasta
1/2 lb fresh green beans
1 red bell pepper (I've never added this)
1/4 cup vinegar
2 t lemon juice
1/3 cup olive oil
2 T parsley
2 t oregeno
2 t salt
1/2 lb feta cheese
1/2 cup olives
black pepper

Cook pasta according to package directions. Blanch beans by placing them in salted boiling water for 3 min then immerse in ice water. Toss pasta and beans with remaining ingredients. You can make ahead a refregerate for a few hours.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

This sounds so good Sally! Betsy and I keep saying that we need to try it one of these days:)