Sunday, May 31, 2009

Lower Fat Chocolate Chip Cookies

I told Eyvon I would post my recipe for Icebox Sugar Cookies today, but I decided I was in more of a chocolate chip kind of mood. This recipe I came up with in college. I have several choc. chip cookie recipes I go between. This one is Ross’ favorite, I think I like a more buttery version, but these are a good and soft standby.

DSC_0515

Chocolate Chip Cookies

3/4 c. butter flavored shortening

1 1/2 c. brown sugar

1/2 c. sugar

2 eggs

2 tsp. vanilla

1 tsp. salt

1 1/2 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. baking soda

3 – 3 1/2 c. flour

2 T. water

chocolate chips

Cream shortening, sugar and eggs. Add vanilla. In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients. Alternate adding flour mixture and water, completely mixing in between. Add chips.

Form dough into a log and put in the freezer for at least 2 hours. (I just leave it there and make a few when I want them. Few things are better than a hot, gooey cookie!) Shape the dough into balls and bake at 350 for around 9 mins. You want the cookies to be barely brown on the edges. Cool and enjoy!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I got this recipe from you about four or five years ago now and it's the only choclate chip cookie recipe I use.