1.5 pounds boneless & skinless chicken breast (cut into small cubes)
1 cup cashews
1 large green bell pepper (cut into small square pieces)
1/2 onion (cut into small square pieces)
1/4-1/2 tsp ginger
2 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoon corn starch
1 teaspoon water
1 tablespoon oyster sauce
1.5 teaspoon soy sauce
6 tablespoons water
6 dashes white pepper powder
2 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate the chicken meat with the baking soda for 15-20 minutes and then rinse the chicken thoroughly. (this tenderizes the chicken)
- Pat the chicken meat dry with paper towels and then marinate with the cornstarch and water for 15 minutes.
- Mix the sauce together and set aside.
- Heat up a large, deep frying pan (or a wok if you have one, I don't) with 1 tablespoon of cooking oil and stir-fry the chicken meat until the color turns white or half-cooked. Set aside.
- Add another 1 tablespoon of cooking oil into the pan and add in the bell peppers, onions, and ginger.
- Stir-fry 2-3 minutes and add the chicken back in.
- Add the cashews and do a few quick stirs.
- Add in the sauce and stir continuously until the chicken meat is cooked and well coated with the sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste