Friday, April 1, 2011

Broccoli Tomato Salad


So, this is an old family favorite. My mom made it for me as a kid and I have made it for my family for years. It is a real favorite. I usually triple the recipe when I make it so that is how I am going to post it here.

3 lb. broccoli, blanched (I buy the 3 lb. bag at Costco and use that, I usually cut it into bite size pieces)
2-3 tomatoes, diced
1/3 - 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. pepper
3 Tbsp. lemon juice

Blanch the broccoli until you reach your desired doneness. Drain and run cold water over it until its cooled down. I run it through my salad spinner to get all the water out of it. Mix the mayonnaise, salt, pepper, onion and lemon juice together. Pour over the broccoli and mix well. Refrigerate until cold. Add tomatoes before serving.

No comments: