Sunday, December 13, 2009

Made-up Soup


So I made this soup up one day and thought it turned out pretty good. Since I made it up I don't have exact measurements for all of the seasonings so just add until it's to your liking.


1 can of black beans rinsed and drained
1 can of garbanzo beans rinsed and drained
1/4-1/2 lb of spicy Italian sausage (I really like the Jimmy Dean hot Italian sausage)
1 can of diced tomatoes (If you have mom's pint size tomato use those and just blend them)
1 can of chicken broth
2 small potatoes (I use red so I don't have to peel)
1 carrot or 1/2 cup of corn
handful of dehydrated onion
1-2 bay leaves
1/2-1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4-1/2 tsp chili powder
salt
pepper
1/8-1/4 tsp garlic powder


Combine all of this in the crockpot and cook on low for 4-6 hours or high for 2 to 4 hours. Serve with french bread or mom's cornbread.

No comments: